- 1 large orange
- 2.5 cups Almond Meal or flour
- 4 Large Eggs (at room temperature)
- 2 tbsps stevia
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- Butter to grease tin
- 1 tbsp Orange Marmalade/Apricot Jam
1. Bring a pot of water to the boil, add the orange, and cook on medium/high for 1 hour until the orange becomes tender
2. Remove the orange and let it cool. Slice the orange in half and remove seeds, but keep the skin on.
3. Preheat fan oven to 160 degrees Celsius and grease a round 20cm tin with butter. Place baking paper on top of base plate and lock in place with the sides.
4. Add orange to a food processor or blender, along with stevia and blitz to a purée.
5. In a large mixing bowl, add the almond meal, eggs, baking powder, and orange purée. Fold until combined.
6. Pour mixture into prepared cake tin and bake for 50 – 55 minutes until golden.
7. Once cool, use a brush to coat the cake in orange marmalade or apricot jam.